Profit Rate: If you withdraw cash using credit card or make partial payment towards your statement balance, profit will be calculated daily at a rate of 3.49% per month and charged to your account.
2. You are expected to make minimum due payment as mentioned in your monthly credit card statement on or before the due date. Failure to do so would attract a late payment charge (Obligated Amount to Charity) of AED 225.
3. You can make your monthly payments by setting up a direct debit from your account or by making direct payments into your credit card through various channels. Please visit our website to know more about the channels and the respective processing times.
4. If you withdraw cash using your credit card, you would be liable to pay the Cash Advance Fee (3% of the amount or AED 99 whichever is higher) along with the billed Profit amount.
5. If your credit card account balance goes over the set credit limit at any point in time, your credit card account will be charged an over-limit fee of AED 249. This fee will be applied on your statement date each month until you are within your credit limit.
6. For transactions completed internationally or in any currency other than UAE Dirham, a foreign transaction fee of up to 2.34% of the transaction amount is charged in addition to the standard processing fee charged by Mastercard or Visa. The exchange rate is determined by Mastercard or Visa within a range of wholesale market rates in effect on the date of conversion.
7. You have been enrolled for a comprehensive Card Takaful cover “Credit Shield” specifically designed to cover your card outstanding balance at a nominal premium/contribution of 0.99% per month of the outstanding amount on your Card. This benefit comes to you complimentary for the first two card statements only.
8. Non-payment of monthly credit card dues will result in blocking of your credit card which may adversely impact your credit rating and ability to obtain finance in future from any financial institution. Please note that the Bank will also take action to collect any unpaid dues, including legal action, where necessary.
9. All fees and charges listed are exclusive of 5% Value Added Tax (VAT), where applicable.
Please note that this information is for your reference only, and does not replace the Credit Card Terms and Conditions and/or Schedule of Fees and Charges. You can refer to both these documents on our website (emiratesislamic.ae).