As a global trade services provider in the UAE, we are your one-stop shop to provide all your import and export requirements for your business. Our global trade services team seeks to understand your business and aims to deliver personalised banking solutions for your working capital and term financing requirements.
Outsource your export administrative functions to us and let NBF assist you in dealing with the complexities of international trade with our comprehensive range of export products and services.
- Export letters of credit advising By drawing on our extensive network of global banking partners, we are able to receive and advise your Letters of Credit (LCs) directly, minimising turnaround time
- Export letters of credit confirming We help you minimise payment risk when working with a new buyer or market by way of confirmations to your LCs*, and can, if necessary, provide immediate funding (against credit-compliant documents) to tide you over*Confirmations are issued on a case-by-case basis
- Export collections We handle your export collections quickly and professionally in accordance with the International Chamber of Commerce Uniform Rules for Collections (URC). We ensure that your payments are speedily processed upon completion of the trading cycle
- Pre-shipment financing We provide advances to help you prepare for your shipment orders, with flexible tenors tailored around your payment receipts. In addition, these advances can be converted into post-shipment loans whereby you are paid the difference through the discounted value of the invoices concerned
- Export documents (bills) discountingNBF is able to pay you the discounted value of your invoice immediately upon shipment against the appropriate export LCs and collections documents. The service conforms to industry best practices, while repayment tenors are based on the tenor of your export LCs and collection documents
Reduce your risks and streamline your import processes to ensure prompt port clearance and payment with NBF’s suite of trade financing products and services.
- Avalisation We avalise your import documentation collection and direct imports, thereby transferring your risk to NBF. This ensures that exporters are paid at maturity, maintaining your credibility amongst all transacting parties
- Shipping guarantees In the event that your goods arrive at the port before your documents, NBF can issue a shipping guarantee to help clear your goods immediately, saving you from potential demurrage charges
- Letters of Credit (LCs)
- We open various kinds of LCs (including sight, deferred, usance, revolving or transferable) that are compliant with the Uniform Customs and Practice (UCP) guidelines issued by the International Chamber of Commerce
- NBF’s extensive global banking relationships ensure that these LCs are swiftly dispatched to beneficiaries, while the exporter enjoys a commitment of irrevocable payment – and peace of mind – concerning the shipment and service
- Import collections We keep our turnaround time for import documentation collections to a minimum, helping you clear your goods as quickly as possible upon arrival. This service abides by the International Chamber of Commerce Uniform Rules for Collections (URC) and is one of the easiest methods of payment in international trade
- Trust receipt financing We provide trust receipt financing against LCs, documentation collections, advance payments and direct import requirements for payment to suppliers. Repayment tenors are tailored to your working capital requirements and are payable upon receipt of sale or maturity