A general meeting is a meeting of the shareholders of United Arab Bank, which (“UAB” or “The Bank”) is the supreme governing body of the Bank. The Articles of Association of the Bank (Section V) provides the statutory framework for the calling and the conduct of general meetings.
Annual General Meeting
The AGM is held during the first four months of the year. The usual business of an AGM is as follows:
- To receive the end-of-year financial statements and the Board of Directors’ report along with the External Auditor’s Report
- To consider and approve the proposal of the Board of Directors regarding the distribution of cash dividends.
- To absolve the Board members and the external auditors from any liability for the previous year.
- To consider and approve the Directors’ Remuneration.
- To appoint the External Auditors for the next financial year.
- To elect the Board of Directors.