Our Financial Institution (FI) & International Banking department has been proactively serving UAB Corporate and Institutional Banking clients through contemporary and innovative business solutions
Our Financial Institution wing at UAB takes care of the most important client requirements in the UAE.
- Oversees domestic and international markets
- Contributes to asset and liability management through the facilitation of trade finance
- Manages bilateral and syndicated loan book portfolios and deposits from institutional clients at international levels
UAB maintains a large number of Nostro/Vostro accounts with carefully selected leading banking institutions in different currencies that facilitate fund transfers, trade business, treasury and investment banking, import/export letters of credit as well as collection documents for our clients.
Among the many other currency clearing services provided by UAB correspondent banks, UAB enjoys USD clearing through Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas and The Bank of New York Mellon, EUR Clearing through Commerzbank AG, Barclays Bank PLC, Lloyds Bank, Société Générale Plc, GBP clearing through Barclays Bank PLC, Lloyds Bank.
FIs & NBFIs Syndications “Islamic and Conventional”
UAB is actively promoting the syndication business on both sides “lending and borrowing” through its strong network with local and global banks. UAB has successfully closed various Islamic and Conventional syndicated loan facilities within the last 5 years.
- Facilitation of Letters of Credit through its domestic and global correspondent banking partners, UAB facilitates Import/Export Letters of Credit, Collection Documents, and Fund Transfers for UAB clients.
- Issuance of Local and Overseas Guarantees: The strong correspondent banking network of UAB enables it to facilitate LG business on a global scale.
- Risk Participation.
UAB is dynamically participating in funded and unfunded risk participation with trusted counterparties through Risk Participation Agreements (MRPA).