Skills, experience and contribution:
- Highly regarded leader with significant banking and financial services experience
- Extensive experience in risk management
- Deep understanding of the business and the markets within which the Group operates
Prior to his appointment as Group Chief Executive, Venkat served as Head of Global Markets and Co-President of Barclays Bank PLC from October 2020 and Group Chief Risk Officer from 2016 to 2020. Venkat is the executive sponsor for Embrace, the global multi-cultural network at Barclays. Prior to joining Barclays in 2016, Venkat worked at JPMorgan Chase from 1994, holding senior roles in Asset Management where he was Chief Investment Officer in Global Fixed Income, as well as in Investment Banking, and in Risk.
Key current appointments
- Board Member, Institute of International Finance
- Advisory member to the Board, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Golub Centre for Finance and Policy