The International Bank Account Number (IBAN), implemented by CBUAE on Nov 29,2011 is a 23-digit alphanumeric sequence which has become the official standard for money transfers (including salaries, international remittances and e-payments) in the UAE introduced to regulate the identification of bank accounts.
Important Information related to IBAN:
- In compliance with UAE Central Bank regulation, all UAE banks have implemented IBAN for all bank accounts including salaries and excluding credit & salary cards.
- Your existing account number will continue to be valid. IBAN is not a new account number as it will contain your present account number plus some additional characters. Your present 10 digit NBQ account number will be prefixed with the additional characters to form an IBAN
- Implementing the IBAN system will help improve the quality of information exchanged between banks both within in UAE and internationally. Its reliability and accuracy will reduce error and delays.
- NBQ is unable to provide IBAN for accounts held with another bank and you may approach the respective bank for assistance.
- In case the IBAN is not used, the processing of both Inward and Outward payment in your account is likely to be rejected or may be delayed with additional processing charges as may be prescribed by Central Bank from time to time.
- You should request your customers/ other parties to make payments to your IBAN account number.
- Please provide your IBAN to your creditors/employer, to ensure timely receipt of funds into your account.
- If you do not receive your IBAN please visit your nearest branch or contact us on 600 56 56 56.
Please enter your 10 digit NBQ Account Number to generate your IBAN number. Please carefully input the account number as an invalid account number will generate an incorrect IBAN.ACCOUNT NUMBER